The chilly season has arrived but you won’t mind because you’ll be able to cozy up with a bowl of warm, dairy-free creamy butternut squash soup. Sauté onions and squash in ghee before stirring in chicken broth and coconut milk. To season the soup and deepen the flavor, I added cinnamon and freshly grated ginger. The soup is delicious on its own, adding a dollop of sour cream and shelled hemp seeds makes it even better. I love serving this scrumptious butternut squash soup with anything from a sandwich for lunch or dinner, to typical Thanksgiving fares like herb-roasted turkey, cabbage with cranberries and pecans, baked veggie mix, sweet potato pie, and grain-free apple pie. If you’re looking to heal your gut, subscribe to my blog below to receive new blog post alerts.
Dairy-Free Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
For approximately 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 carton (14 ounces) of organic chicken bone broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons plant-based sour cream
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- Melt ghee in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add squash and apple; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in organic chicken bone broth, cinnamon, and freshly grated ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- With the center part of the cover removed to let steam escape, puree soup in batches in a blender on high speed until smooth, or use an immersion blender. Add coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes. Ladle into soup bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and shelled hemp seeds.
SHARE WHAT YOU MAKE
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and, tag me on Instagram @jarkashealingkitchen. I love sharing what you make with the community. I can’t wait to see!
Pingback: Dairy-Free Creamy Butternut Squash Soup — Jarka’s Healing Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: MY 13 GO-TO IMMUNE-BOOSTING SUPPLEMENTS AND REMEDIES DURING COLD AND FLU SEASON - Jarka's Healing Kitchen