Everyone will love this Flourless Chocolate Cake that is done in no time and has great health benefits from polyphenols in cocoa and dark chocolate. It’s perfect for any special occasion or a Christmas party this time of the year.
Various studies show that dark chocolate and cocoa contain a significant amount of polyphenols, mainly flavonols. Its consumption leads to an increase in bioactive nitric oxide (NO) lowering blood pressure. They also improve insulin sensitivity, decrease total plasma cholesterol, in particular very low-density cholesterol (LDL), modulate cell apoptosis at the endothelial level, and improve cytokine balance and vascular inflammation.
Source: FASEB (Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology)
Ingredients you will need to make this Flourless Chocolate Cake:
- Dark chocolate (72% or more) – Opt for Organic without added soy lecithin.
- Grass-fed organic butter or Ghee – I personally love French President Butter the best, because it’s creamy and made with casein 2 milk.
- Eggs – Choose pastured or Omega-3 eggs.
- Cocoa – When choosing cocoa powder, choose organic Non-Dutch pure cocoa.
- Fresh or frozen berries such as raspberries or blueberries.
- Local raw honey
*This post contains affiliate links, if you choose to purchase something via one of my links I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
For 8″ round cake form:
- 1 cup (150 g) dark chocolate (72% cocoa or more), melted
- 1/2 cup (125g) grass-fed or A2 butter or ghee, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- Fresh or frozen berries and local raw honey for decorating (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease with oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a bigger pot bring a little bit of water to a boil. Add chocolate and butter to a separate smaller pot. Put the pot with chocolate and butter into the pot with boiling water. Leave the heat on low. Stir chocolate and butter while they will be melting slowly. Let cool completely.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs.
- Add the cooled chocolate with butter to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack before decorating.
- Optional – spread a little bit of honey on top of the cake so the berries stick and hold onto the cake.
- Cut into portions and serve. Enjoy!
SHARE WHAT YOU MAKE
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and, tag me on Instagram @jarkashealingkitchen. I love sharing what you make with the community. I can’t wait to see!