This Oyster Mushroom Tripe Soup is fast, filling, nutritious, and it’s hard to believe you are not eating a real tripe soup!
Oyster Mushrooms Benefits
Oyster mushrooms are highly nutritious and may promote heart health thanks to fibers called beta-glucans. Beta-glucans are fermented by gut bacteria that help reduce cholesterol production in the body. Oyster mushrooms provide twice as many beta-glucans as white button mushrooms. They encourage healthy blood sugar control and provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Oyster mushrooms are high in fiber, plant-based protein, vitamins, and minerals, and they’re also low in carbohydrates.
For 4 servings:
- In a saucepan dissolve lard, add diced onion, and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add cut mushrooms and sauté for a while.
- Add cassava flour and paprika stirring constantly.
- Immediately add the beef stock, bring to boil stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, marjoram, salt, and pepper and let boil until the mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. (Please note the oyster mushrooms won’t get completely soft, they will still be a little firm).
- Taste, add more salt if needed, and serve with a little bit of fresh chives or parsley sprinkled on top.