You will like these grain-free crackers even if you are not following a grain, gluten, or lectin-free diet.
These crackers are filled with healthy fats, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin E. They are crunchy, filling, easy to make, and they make a great snack or appetizer. I like them on a platter with different veggies, sheep or goat cheese, and guacamole.
What will you need to make these crackers?
- Blanched almond flour or a combination of almond and sorghum flour
- Hulled sesame seeds or hemp hearts
- Blue poppy seeds
- Sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Pastured or omega-3 egg
- Baking or wax paper
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza Cutter or knife
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour or a combination of almond and sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds or hemp hearts or a combination of both
- 2 Tbsp blue poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pastured or omega-3 egg
- Add the flour, sesame seeds or hemp hearts, poppy seeds, and salt into a bowl. Mix.
- Add the oil and egg and mix thoroughly. Transfer the mixture onto a desk with baking paper and kneed the dough if needed with your hands.
- Cover the dough with a second piece of baking paper and sandwich with a roller until flat to approximately 1/8″ thickness.
- Take off the top layer of the baking paper and transfer the dough with the bottom paper on a baking tray.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, mark out crackers into your desired size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Enjoy!