Are you busy and have no time to make lectin and gluten-free tacos from scratch? I hear you! If I want a quick lunch or dinner I make this naan bread instead.
It is made with 4 simple ingredients – almond flour, flaxseed meal, water, and salt. Yes, just four ingredients make this quick naan bread! Sometimes I swap flaxseeds for arrowroot or tapioca flour. Yes, it’s that easy, and your meal is ready in 15 minutes!
For about 4 naans
- In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients together and let it sit for a while. The dough will seem very runny, but it’s normal, it will thicken during frying.
- Preheat non-stick frying pan on medium high heat and spray or grease with a little bit of oil. You don’t want to put too much oil, because the naan needs to get firm and dry.
- Always mix the dough before frying. Add a ladle of the dough on a preheated pan and let cook until bubbles form and the edges lift up a little.
- Flip to the other side and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Fill with your favorite ingredients. I like to spread the naan with guacamole or pesto first, so the other ingredients stick to it. My filling is made with spring mix salad, red onion, and grass fed sirloin steak (Costco or Trader Joe’s sell excellent ready to eat grass fed sliced steak).
- Serve with some more veggies on the side, like baby carrots and celery. Enjoy!