This creamy mushroom herb pork one pot dish is an easy and comforting meal for any time of the year. Quick and easy, filled with so much flavor, ready and on your table in no time! It will become your favorite recipe!
All you need is oil, onion and garlic powder, pastured pork chops, S&P, a mix of Herbes De Provence, some mushrooms, and heavy cream or full fat coconut milk.
It’s great served with pressure cooked basmati rice (phase 3 of PP), millet, sorghum or boiled and cooled potatoes (for resistant starch content- phase 3 of PP).
For The Meat:
- 4 boneless porkchops, cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons each of onion powder and garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil for frying
For The Sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoon Herbes De Provence
- 1 cup organic heavy cream or for dairy free version use full fat coconut milk
- 1 small package of any mushrooms (baby bella, shitake, oyster), sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cassava flour mixed with 1 tablespoon water, until smooth
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add the pork slices. Season generously with salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder. Cook the meat until opaque and no longer pink inside (about 5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- In the same pan or skillet, heat another 1 tbsp of avocado oil, add minced garlic, with Herbes De Provence, and sliced mushrooms. Sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in heavy cream (or coconut milk); season with salt and pepper, to taste and boil until the mushrooms are soft (about 3 minutes).
- In the meantime, whisk 1 tsp cassava flour with 1 tbsp water until smooth.
- Add the cassava mixture to the center of the pan, quickly stirring, until sauce has thickened slightly. Reduce heat and simmer gently for another minute to allow the sauce to thicken more.
- Return pork to the skillet. Sprinkle with fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme if desired. Serve immediately.