I love the deep ruby color of this borsch (red beet soup )! It’s so healthy and nutritious; packed with iron, carotene, vitamin C, fiber, resistant starch, and protein. It feels so good serving this to my family. I used a slow cooking method to utilize the time while working. I filled the slow cooker in the morning and came home from work to a delicious and nutritious meal!
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 1/4 celeriac root
- 5 red beets
- 1 onion
- 1.5 lb grass fed beef
- 1 bunch dill
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar and sweetener optional to taste.
- Wash and cut the meat into bite sizes, add to the instant pot.
- Clean and cut carrots, parsnips, celeriac, and beets into bite sizes and add into instant pot.
- Clean the onion and put whole into the instant pot.
- Fill with water into 3/4 mark, add bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid making sure the knob is on venting. Press slow cook and adjust the time to 6 hours.
- When the time is up, open the lid, stir, remove the onion and bay leaves and taste. Add salt if needed, vinegar or sweetener.
- Cut the dill and stir 3/4 to the pot, leave 1/4 for serving.
- Serve with 1 Tbsp of organic sour cream and more dill.