I can’t get enough of these sweet potatoes! This time I made into a burrito!
If you are looking for a quick dinner idea this sweet potato burrito is perfect. I always have some pre-boiled potatoes in the fridge and when it comes to making fast dinner, I can just take one from the fridge, scoop out a little of the potato and fill it with the ingredients of my choice. Then I bake it on 450F for about 20-30 minutes and dinner is done!
- 1 large boiled sweet potato
- 1 pack grass fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can white kidney beans (Eden brand)
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
- Organic sour cream and Italian seasoning for garnish (or any fresh herbs you like)
- Boil the whole sweet potato until soft (I usually boil several potatoes and leave them preboiled in the fridge for the days I will use them).
- Heat the oil in a pan, add diced onion, and sauté for a while.
- Add the meat, stir until brown.
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and beans.
- Stir and let cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and scoop a hole in each half.
- Fill the holes with the meat mixture.
- If you are using a hot sweet potato garnish it and serve immediately. If using a cold potato, warm it in the microwave or toaster oven first.