This fast stir-fry egg millet is not only delicious, but filled with flavors and good nutrients. Millet belongs to a grass family and is one of the approved grains on the Plant Paradox. It is gluten-free and is packed with protein, and antioxidants.
Cooks the same as rice.
It may have numerous health benefits, such as helping lower your blood sugar and cholesterol levels. On the other hand, if consumed in big quantities, antinutrients in millet may block your body’s absorption of certain minerals, but this is unlikely to affect you if you consume a balanced diet.
Soaking and sprouting may reduce this grain’s antinutrient levels.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Avocado Oil on a frying pan.
- Add diced onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 cup of cooked millet, stir and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, season them with a little bit of salt and pepper and let them cook for a while before mixing.
- Add a handful of baby spinach, stir and sauté until it starts to soften.
- Immediately turn the heat off and serve.
It pairs nicely with something sour, I served mine with homemade sauerkraut.