These Gut-Healthy Pumpkin Waffles are a delicious breakfast on weekends or even a busy weekday morning during the fall pumpkin season.
Pumpkin is incredibly healthy as it’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. In addition to beta carotene, pumpkins offer vitamin C, vitamin E, iron, and folate — all of which strengthen your immune system. What’s more, its low-calorie content makes it a weight-loss-friendly food.
Pumpkin also has great benefits for the gut as it is an excellent source of soluble fiber. Eating soluble fiber-rich foods can improve both constipation and diarrhea and normalize bowel function overall.
*This post contains affiliate links, if you choose to purchase something via one of my links I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Gut-Healthy Pumpkin Waffles (gluten-free, paleo)
For Approximately 6 waffles:
- In a mixing bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and allulose.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the bowl with dry ingredients.
- Add pumpkin puree, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract.
- Melt coconut oil or butter, and add to the bowl.
- Mix it all together until well combined.
- Preheat the waffle maker, you don’t have to grease it.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the dough into the preheated waffle maker and close the lid.
- The waffle will be ready in about 3 minutes or until you don’t hear any noise coming from the waffle maker.
- Remove the waffle from the waffle maker and place it on a plate.
Instead of regular maple syrup, you can serve the waffles with a little bit of yogurt of your choice, a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, and berries.
TIP: To make a perfect liquidy chocolate, heat a little bit of coconut oil or ghee in a sauce pan, add dark chocolate, I used 100% dark chocolate chips, and keep stirring while it’s melting.
Storing: You can store cooked waffles in the fridge for up to two days and reheat them in the waffle maker when ready or freeze them. You can also store the leftover dough in the fridge for the next day.
SHARE WHAT YOU MAKE
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and, tag me on Instagram @jarkashealingkitchen. I love sharing what you make with the community. I can’t wait to see!