Do you like Tahini (sesame paste) as much as I do?
You can’t go wrong with these Sugar-Free Tahini Cookies filled with healthy fats, protein, B vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. I also added dark chocolate with polyphenols and coconut flakes for the crunch. The cookies are naturally sweetened with just a little bit of honey, dates, and 2 Tbsp of Swerve with prebiotic fiber. They are soft and delicious!
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered Swerve
- 1 pastured or omega 3 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 heaped Tbsp tahini
- 5 Tbsp raw honey
- 6 dry dates
- 1 oz of dark chocolate (72% cocoa or more), coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and swerve in one bowl.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, tahini, honey, and dates into a blander and blend until smooth paste consistency.
- Using a spatula, scrape the paste from the blander into the bowl with dry ingredients and work well together.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and coconut flakes. If the dough is too sticky add a little bit more of the almond flour.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into 1” round balls and place them on the parchment-lined sheet 2” apart. Flatten them, they will not expand while baking!
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the bottoms are golden. Allow to cool before serving.