The recipe for these Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins is adapted from the Plant Paradox Cookbook originally made as a coffee cake but can be easily changed into muffins as pictured.
These muffins have a great texture and sweetness from coconut and almond flours, plus added sweetener of your choice. I like Allulose combined with Monk Fruit Extract, but you can use Lakanto Monkfruit or Swerve.
Added lemon makes these muffins nice and refreshing and the poppy seeds add a great crunch.
Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins
For 6 muffins:
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of compliant sweetener
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk the wet ingredients and mix them with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Place muffin liners in a muffin pan and evenly distribute the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.