I love simple but nutritious and delicious dishes. Today’s Red Lentil pasta Bolognese is just that! Even my non-lectin-free family approved. They couldn’t tell they are eating plant-based pasta!
The red lentil pasta takes only one minute of pressure cooking to eliminate lectins! In the meantime, you can make the Bolognese sauce with typical ingredients – onion, garlic, grass-fed beef or Quorn Meatless Grounds, spices, and strained tomato sauce (preferable Pomi). Finally, top everything with real grated Italian Parmigiano Reggiano cheese with casein 2 milk.
This is for Phase 3 of the Plant Paradox only!
- Add the red lentil pasta into an Instant Pot, add water just to cover the pasta, add 1 tsp of salt.
- Cover, press Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 1 minute with 10 minutes natural release.
- In the meantime, dice the onion, add a little bit of oil to the pan, warm to medium heat.
- Add the onion and pressed garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the ground meat, stir, and let the meat brown stirring occasionally.
- Add oregano, salt & pepper, and tomato sauce. Stir, cover, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the parsley and add 3/4 to the meat mixture, stir, and let cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Transfer the pasta from the instant pot to the pan with the meat (or transfer both to a larger pot) and mix together.
- Serve topped with a few fresh leaves of parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano (optional).