This cake is grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free and tastes phenomenal! It’s moist and light, with the summery taste of strawberries and just the right sweetness from coconut and monk fruit. It’s perfect for hot summer days! Optionally strawberries can be substituted with a different in-season fruit.
For the dough
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, monk fruit extract and monk fruit sweetener, ghee, 3/4 cup milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix. If the dough is too thick, add an extra 1/4 cup of milk.
- Oil a round 9” glass baking pan and transfer the dough to it and spread evenly.
- Place in an oven preheated to 350°F and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime, wash and slice fresh organic strawberries.
- For the gelatin, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. In a 1/2 cup of water whisk 4 Tbsp tapioca, monk fruit sweetener, and lemon.
- When the water is boiling, slowly pour the tapioca mix into the water while constantly mixing. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the gelatin cool by stirring often.
- When you remove the cake dough from the oven, let it cool until lukewarm.
- Cover with slices of strawberries.
- When the gelatin is lukewarm, pour it evenly over the strawberries and let it cool completely.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator.