You will love this egg omelet naan wrap breakfast or brunch!
The naan is done using just three ingredients. It is dairy free and of course grain and gluten free and ready in a few minutes. This naan is so versatile and can be used in many recipes where you would normally use bread. It can be also served sweet like crepe when you swap water for non-dairy milk!
My egg omelet contains mushroom, scallion, and cilantro, but you can be creative and use any veggies of your choice! I spread a little bit of Dijon mustard on the naan, placed an egg omelet on top and rolled both together to create a roll. I served it with more scallion and avocado.
For the Naan Wrap
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or butter
- Dijon mustard for spreading
For the Omelet
- Preheat an 8” nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the wrap together in a bowl and allow it to rest a few minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto warm and lightly oiled or buttered pan.
- After the batter fluffs up and looks firm/mostly cooked, flip it over to cook the other side (be patient, this takes a little time!).
- Place the wraps on a plate and cover so they stay warm.
- Whisk the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside.
- Add cut vegies and herbs and stir into egg mixture.
- Heat an 8” nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add 1 Tbsp of avocado oil or butter.
- Pour half of the mixture to a skillet and cook over medium heat until eggs are cooked through on the bottom and beginning to set on top.
- Turn and flip over and let cook for a few minutes on other side.
- Spread a little bit of Dijon mustard on the wrap.
- Place an egg omelet on top of the wrap and roll together.