Are you looking for a quick and healthy dinner? Try these Pesto Shrimps with Sautéed Okra, Baby Bok Choy, and Shiitake Mushrooms, all served with boiled Yuca root. It’s a filling meal full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber and best of all it’s lectin-free and gluten-free!
To utilize all the time in the kitchen, the first step is to let water boil in which you will cook the yuca, then peel the yuca, wash it, cut it into smaller pieces, and place it into the boiling water with a little bit of salt.
While the yuca is boiling wash and prepare all the veggies. Cut the okra in half, cut mushrooms, and Bok Choy into smaller pieces. Then sauté on a little bit of Avocado oil seasoned with salt and pepper. While the veggies are cooking, prepare the shrimps. In a different pan cook them on a little bit of oil from both sides until pink, add any pesto (I used wild garlic pesto), and stir.
Serve the shrimps over sautéed veggies and the side of boiled yuca.
Pesto Shrimps with Sautéed Veggies and Yuca
For approximately 4 servings
- 1 yuca root
- 1 lb of wild-caught shrimps
- 2 Tbsp pesto (mixed herbs with olive oil, nuts, garlic, and cheese – optional)
- 1 head of baby Bok Choy
- 1 small package of shiitake mushrooms
- About 20 pieces of okra
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil
- In a bigger pot, bring water to a boil, add a little bit of salt.
- Peel the yuca, wash it, cut it into smaller pieces and place it into the boiling water. Boil on low until the yuca is soft, test it with a fork or knife, it should go through easily.
- Wash and prepare all the veggies. Cut the okra in half, cut mushrooms, and the baby Bok Choy into smaller pieces.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Avocado oil into a sauté pan, add the mushrooms and okra first. Season with salt and pepper, cover and let cook for about 5 minutes. Add the baby Bok Choy, mix, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
- Into a different pan, add 1 Tbsp Avocado oil, and shrimps. Cook on one side until pink, then turn and cook on the other side. Add pesto, mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the shrimps over veggies with the side of boiled yuca. Enjoy!