These Grain-Free Lemon Butter cookies are the perfect guilt-free treat. Light, soft, and refreshing with the right sweetness from Allulose and Monk fruit extract and great texture from Almond and Coconut flour.
They are very easy and quick to make!
To give these cookies that classic buttery flavor, use ghee or A2 butter such as President. For a dairy free cookie, replace the ghee or butter with 1/4 cup more coconut oil.
Lemon Butter Cookies
For 10-12 cookies
- 1/4 cup ghee or A2 butter like President (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Allulose (or sweetener of your choice like Lakanto Monk Fruit, but the consistency won’t be as soft as with Allulose)
- 20 drops Monk Fruit Extract (skip if using different sweetener then Allulose)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zests
- First, add ghee or butter, coconut oil, Monk fruit extract, and Allulose to a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer for 1 minute on high.
- Sift in almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon peels. Mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough balls. Place them at least 2” apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or oil the baking sheet and slightly flatten them with your fingers.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 °F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to completely cool.