Are you missing jello on a restrictive diet?! You don’t have to anymore. Make healthy jello from NuNaturals Gelicious Unflavored Gelatin Grass Fed Collagen that is actually healthy for your joints, skin, hair, and nails.
How did I achieve the color?
I took some frozen berries and let them defrost in a bowl overnight. Frozen berries release enough natural juice during defrosting to use it for the jello and you can use the same berries in the jello. No need to use store bought juices that are full of sugar! If you want to use fresh fruit, mash the fruit and use the juice for the jello. The pulp of the fruit can be used in your smoothies or muffin recipes.
Give it some flavor
Sweeten the jello with your favorite sweetener like Monkfruit, Swerve, or Allulose, and add some lemon juice. Once the juice is mixed together with the collagen, hot water, and flavors of your choice, just let it settle for several hours (3-4) in the fridge. You can then enjoy this guilt-free, refreshing, and healthy dessert. It’s that easy.
For two servings
- In a container, mix 1 Tbsp of Gelicious Unflavored Gelatin with 1 cup of cold freshly squeezed fruit juice.
- Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsps sweetener of your choice, 1 cup of almost boiling water, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Stir ingredients until mixed.
- Add fresh or unfrozen berries to the jars if using.
- Fill the jars with the gelatin mix from the container.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until desired firmness.